CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Marshmallows?

Last night in the spirit of "Fall" in my house I attempted, yes "attempted" to make Rice Krispy treats. The easiest treat in the world right? Nope - never for me, mine are horrible. Well - at least the prior attempts they were edible. This time I couldn't even get the marshmallows to melt!! Yes, you read that right -- the marshmallows would NOT melt. Well, actually I gave up at 40 minutes in the pan. They all kind of became one HUGE marshmallow but still NOT melted. I was able to pick up the white (now browning) blob and hold it for a minute (yes I timed it) in the air with a wooden spoon - it just stayed there until I dropped it back into the pan. Kurplunk!

I believe this to be my final attempt at Rice Krispy treats. Too bad too since my kids LOVE them. All I can say is "WTF?"

No comments:

Post a Comment