CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Blessed

Today I have spent a good deal of the day reflecting of sorts on my own life - odd since I am at work and not at home with my family.

This morning I was catching up on some of the blogs that I read and I came across in Becky Higgins' blog the story of Stephanie Nielson. I am sure that I am the only one who doesn't (or didn't) recognize the name. If you haven't checked out her blog you should it is : http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com She is the amazing woman who survived the airplane crash and was burned on over 85% of her body - and has lived to share her life with us. She had been a blogger before the accident (BC as she calls it) and also continues after the accident (AC).

I had never read her blog before and the way that she embraces life and the people in it is awe inspiring. I realized today - like no other day before - how blessed I am and don't appreciate it the way I should.

In May of 2007 I had my "accident" I had slipped on my kitchen floor and my right hand went through my kitchen window - in the fall the broken glass severed all the tendons and nerves in my right wrist - including the main artery. I am thankful each and everyday that God gave me the strength to not pass out from my blood loss - had I - I wouldn't be here today. I would have died within 2 minutes because I would have bleed out from the severed artery. . It has been a long road for me and 2 surgeries and much rehab - even now over 2 1/2 years later. I still have no feeling in my hand but I have come to terms that I may never have feeling.... but I have use - and that is amazing to me. I can do MOST things, even if it takes me 5X longer to do them. I am thankful that the Lord has given me the strength to come this far - and who knows - it may all come in the end.

God is good and does have a plan .. who am I to try and change His mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment