CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 20, 2009

Eleanor


I got to babysit Eleanor tonight! I was able to successfully kick JD and Deanna out of the house so I could spend some 1 on 1 time with my God-daughter and it was amazing! When I first got there Deanna had let me know that she had been fussy all day. Fussy - I don't care I can talk through the crying. In the beginning Deanna felt bad about going out and leaving me with a cying baby .. I told her I had been through far worse and that they had to leave so I could have my time with her and that they could have some time together.

Yeah!! They left and I got to spend the next 2 hours with her entirely by myself and she was an angel. When her parents walked out the door I promptly gave Elly a bottle and then for the next 1 1/2 hours she was awake and happy and we had a blissful time. She now knows more about me than most people as I talked to her then entire time -- what good therapy for me! They say that the more you talk to babies the more they learn so I was happy to talk away!

I am so grateful for Eleanor - what a spectacular gift from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment